Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Monday, June 20, 2005

Bubba's Banana Bread

The Crafty Conservative

My great-grandma passed away several years ago. Her name was Thelma Hipwell but everyone called her Bubba. She was all of 5 feet tall and probably weighed no more than 100 lbs. her whole life. But, she had spunk. Everyone that knew her loved her. She had a recipe for Banana Bread that could beat any other I've ever tried. I made a batch on Friday so I've been thinking about her a lot. I thought I would pass on the recipe. It's the only banana bread recipe I've ever seen that uses 7up. It makes it nice and airy and DELICIOUS!


Bubba's Banana Bread

4 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking soda
2 cups sugar
1 c. butter or shortening (butter is best)
4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup 7up
2 cups bananas (3 or 4)
1/2 cup walnuts

Cream sugar, butter and eggs. Beat after each egg. Add vanilla, bananas, and sifted dry ingredients alternating with 7up. Fold in nuts. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes. Makes 3 loaves.

I sometimes add chocolate chips to the recipe. You can never go wrong with chocolate chips!

0 comments:

Post a Comment