Followers

Click to Learn More

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org
kirtsy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

Blog Archive

Thursday, December 02, 2004

Oven Mitts with a bonus RECIPE!

The Crafty Conservative

Well, I went to my LYS to purchase an 85% wool/15% mohair blend to use for making felted oven mitts. I got 2 skeins each of deep red, deep green, and beige. What I failed to do was get size 15 dpn. You see, I have some size 15 circular needles and I thought those would do. Am I crazy? Is the circumfrence of an oven mitt really going to go around my circs? Of course not! I tried and tried. I must say, that I'm a beginner. I really haven't been knitting that long. So, you can't really blame me.

Cut to me BACK at the LYS to admit my lame mistake and to buy those darn size 15 dpn (that I'll probably never use again unless I just think that these oven mitts are awesome). So, after two trips to my LYS (luckily, it's only a mile away), I was ready to begin my oven mitts. My progress, you ask? I'm on row 14 just starting the thumb increases.

We had some friends over last night for dinner. I made one of my favorites...corn bread casserole. Here's the recipe:

1 package Tennessee Pride Mild Sausage, browned
1 can whole kernel corn
2 packages Jiffy corn muffin mix
2 eggs
2/3 cup milk
1 to 1 1/2 cups of cheese (I used mozzarella but it could be cheddar, colby jack, or whatever)

Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl and then spread it into a 9 X 13 pan. I, of course, recommend the Rectangular Baker from Pampered Chef. It cooks more evenly and the bottom and the sides don't get too hard. Just a little of the PC salesgirl in me...

Bake at 375 degrees (F) for 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown.

It tastes so good! The sweet cornbread and the (not too) spicy sausage are such a great combination. It's always a hit with whoever tries it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment