Friday, February 12, 2010
Last night was our big Go Red for Women event where they paraded us on stage and showed a video of all of us that made us cry. Let me tell you...this group of women? Amazing. We all had our own personal struggles and many had stories that would just melt your heart. But you know what? We stuck with something for 12 weeks. We ALL got healthier. We made friends. And you know what? We all got 3 more months of membership at Lifepointe! We can't wait to see how much more we can improve.
I had a heck of a time finding a red dress to wear to the event. So, after an afternoon of shopping with Kelly...we bought some fabric. We made the dress the morning of the event. As in, yesterday. Kelly rocked it big time. THANKS!
My stats after 12 weeks:
Blood pressure went from high (148/96) to perfectly normal (118/78).
I lowered my cholesterol 15 points.
I lost over 9 inches.
I lost 7 lbs.
I gained over 4 inches of flexibility.
I went from 12 pushups to 30.
I have no gallbladder (who needs it, anyway?).
Better U Big Reveal
Posted by Christy at 9:36 AM
Wednesday, February 03, 2010
I can't believe Caleb is already seven years old. His birthday weekend was a lot of fun. We spread it out over the course of a few days because Carl had to be gone on Caleb's actual birthday for a scout trip. Anyway, Caleb didn't mind.
We had a little "surprise" party for him on the actual day. I got him off the bus at Mary's (our babysitter) house and all the kids were there to celebrate!
She even got him a present. He got his very own gumball machine.
I can't tell you how excited he was about that.
Here are seven interesting things about Caleb:
1. He loves to "Google". He especially like searching for Mario Kart.
2. Caleb is really growing. He wears size 10/12 clothes and a men's size 5 shoe.
3. His favorite song at the moment is Primrose Lane (thanks to Lawrence Welk).
4. He is an expert speller and reader. We're still working on his comprehension but he can read just about anything you put in front of him.
5. Caleb will eat pizza, ice cream and granola bars (sunbelt chocolate chip) all day and all night if we let him. I'm contemplating a refrigerator with a padlock.
6. He loves to draw pictures of people. Some of his favorite subjects are The Fresh Beat Band and his family.
7. He's got a smile that will make you melt.
We love you, Caleb!
Caleb Turns SEVEN!
Posted by Christy at 7:49 PM