Here are the details to enter the giveaway for my 1,000th post.
- One comment per post between 12/24 and when I reach 1,000 will get you an entry for each of those comments.
- Link to my blog to get an entry (let me know in the comments if you've done so and a way for me to check).
- Bonus entries for answering my question of the day in the comments. You may have to search to archives or have been a regular reader for a while to know the answer.
I thought I would mark this occasion with a look back at 2007 and some of the lessons I've learned this year. I don't think I could have planned it out any better to have my 1,000th post fall on the last day of the year.
1. Blogging every single day this year wasn't as difficult as I thought it might be. In fact, I loved every single minute of it.
2. Blogging is cheaper than therapy but sometimes you need therapy, too.
3. My friends are extremely supportive and generous. We raised a good chunk of money for autism research in April.
4. Having two kids is just right for me, for now.
5. I can't help myself. I have to make money--no matter how little. I opened my etsy shop and sell Stampin' Up. I also started doing Pay Per Post.
6. I can't do everything. But, I can try!
7. I need at least one weekend away from home so I can remember what it is like to be an adult and also remember how much I miss my family when I am not there.
8. I can't resist Bit-O-Honey candies. Mmmm.
9. My husband isn't perfect.
10. Choosing to medicate a child isn't an easy decision but it turned out to be the right one for our family.
11. Yarn is a good investment. It is kind of like emergency preparedness. I store up flour, sugar, water, and wool.
12. I can't resist Dancing With the Stars.
13. Severus Snape is a good guy (Harry Potter). Jacob is a wolf (New Moon). Adeline and Emmeline aren't alone (The Thirteenth Tale).
14. Most people that find my blog through google searches are here for i-cord tutorials and felted oven mitt patterns (which I have never actually made).
15. I can accomplish anything I put my mind to!
Yesterday's answer: Cornbread Casserole
Today's question: What was a lesson you learned in 2007?